Type: Static Pole
Points of Contact: 3
Also Known As:
The Jamilla is a great way to get into several other inverted moves, opening up a world of alternate inverts and new transitions. Many inverted moves can even be transitioned into directly, so there is no need to perform a leg hook between invert and trick, simplifying combos and shortening routine times.
How to Perform the Jamilla
- Standing next to the pole, wrap the outside hand around the pole in front of you at shoulder-height.
- Bring the inside hand down beside you, wrapping around the pole in a pistol grip.
- Bring your inside leg up to hip height, pressing the outside of the thigh into the pole.
- Push with the bottom arm and pull with the top arm to roll over the top of the thigh and bring the outside leg up.
- Extend both legs for the complete movement.
- Always remember to maintain proper engagement during the push – pull motion. Keeping the shoulders strong will encourage good muscle development and help prevent injuries.