Type: Spin Pole, Static Pole
Points of Contact: 4
Also Known As:
- Split Sit
- V Sit
The Scissor Sit is a unique pole pose that relies on the opening of the legs after reaching the standard pole sit position. This unique sit is an excellent way to pull together a new shape in your latest routine.
How to Perform the Scissor Sit
- Start on the pole in a basic pole sit position.
- Slowly, spread the legs apart while keeping the pressure from the pole against the legs and keeping the pelvis tilted.
- Hold the chest up and hold the pose for as long as you would like.
- Always keep one hand on the pole at all times and maintain a strong tilt in the pelvis to keep the tension between the pole and your legs.
- Having Trouble Spreading Legs: If you are having trouble spreading your legs, then you may consider starting from a pole sit with the knees bent. From here, you can bring your top knee up and your bottom knee down, then extend. This helps remove the fright of spreading the legs and potentially losing contact with the pole in an extended position.