Type: Static Pole
Points of Contact: 4
Also Known As:
- Pretty Sit
The Secretary Sit is a great introduction to tricks on the side of the body, for pole dancers who are comfortable with sits. This is a great sit for photoshoots, also aptly called the Pretty Sit. Using the outside of the knee pit can be confusing at first, but once you get a firm grip with the inside leg, the rest of the sit is straightforward.
How to Perform the Secretary Sit
- Standing next to the pole, bring the inside kneepit onto the pole in a Kneepit Grip, at about hip height.
- Point the toes and engage the leg, pushing the foot to the booty.
- Reach the inside hand high on the pole and grips the pole securely in Baseball Grip.
- Bring the outside hand onto the pole in Baseball Grip, slightly below the other hand.
- Pulling down with your hands and pushing the chest up, lift your body up and bring your outside leg over the top of the leg on the pole.
- Never hang loosely from the shoulders. Pull down firmly and keep the shoulders engaged.
- Make sure you test your grip before you commit to lifting your body entirely off the floor and onto the pole. Your hand grip and knee grip should both be secure!
- Make sure you touch both feet down to the floor before letting go with the hands.
- I Keep Losing Balance: If you are losing your balance before you are on the pole, your knee may be at a forward angle. Make sure that your kneepit grip is on the pole directly in line with your hips. If you are losing balance on the pole, make sure that you are pulling down firmly with both hands and pushing the chest up hard. The chest contributes to a lot of upright balance in this move.
- My Kneepit Grip Does Not Feel Secure: You may have your knee too high, or at a forward angle. Your knee should be out to the side of your body, not at an angle ahead of your hips. Likewise, your knee should also be at hip height.
- My Kneepit Grip is Slipping: Make sure you have not applied lotion and are not terribly sweaty before attempting this move. If you are still losing your grip, make sure that your foot is at a downward angle, toes pointed and leg engaged, foot kicked towards the booty.
Ready to explore new moves?