Type: Spin Pole
Points of Contact: 3
The Secretary Spin is a gorgeous spin pole move that will help beginner pole dancers get accustomed to keeping both feet in the air as they spin around the pole. With enough push off with the outside leg, this spin is a lesson in momentum, as the closer the body is to the pole, the faster it spins, and this pose keeps the whole body close to the pole.
How to Perform the Secretary Spin
- Standing next to the pole, hook your inside knee onto the pole at about hip height. The pole should rest in your kneepit and the foot should be kicked back towards the bum.
- Bring your inside hand up high above your head, and the outside hand right underneath it.
- Push off with the outside leg and bring it up around the pole, tucking it over the top of the other leg.
- Never hang loosely from the shoulders. Pull down firmly and keep the shoulders engaged.
- Make sure you test your grip before you commit to lifting your body entirely off the floor and onto the pole. Your hand grip and knee grip should both be secure!
- Make sure you touch both feet down to the floor before letting go with the hands.
- Kneepit Grip Feels Unsafe: If your kneepit grip feels insecure, you might have your knee too high, or at a forward angle, preventing the pole from sticking to the skin properly. Make sure the knee is at hip height secure before pushing off.
- Kneepit Grip is Slipping: Make sure you have not applied any lotion and that you are not sweating near the kneepit before attempting the move. If you are still losing grip, make sure to keep the heel kicked back towards the bum at all times while in this move.